Our Cambridge English Language Centre offers popular homestay and English Language Course programmes in Cambridge and East Anglia.
It is difficult not to be inspired to learn in the city of Cambridge when you are surrounded by the famous buildings and colleges of one of the worlds most famous Universities. What’s more, beyond the history, culture, arts and entertainment of the thriving Cambridge, there is the beautiful countryside of the Fens to discover and London is just a short train ride away.
Cambridge English Language Homestays
Please click here if you are looking for adult English language courses in Cambridge»
Architecture, History, Tradition & Academic Achievement in a Wonderful University Town
Cambridge is almost timeless, the historic and beautiful University buildings and colleges look like they have remained untouched for generations. From the famous Kings College with its magnificent Chapel to the cobbled passageways and punting on the River Cam, Cambridge is a pure delight.
Cambridge University has 31 colleges many of which are open to the public. The awe-inspiring architecture of Kings College and its Chapel are probably the most recognised, but other ones of note include Trinity College (the largest), Peterhouse (the oldest and smallest), Corpus Christi, Christ’s College and Queens’ College with its 2 medieval courtyards.
A lot more than the University
Other sites that Cambridge has to offer includes The Backs, a series of delightful gardens and parks that lie beside the river, the wonderful Bridge of Sighs and the Fitzwilliam Museum which is one of the first public art museums in Britain.
Not surprisingly, Cambridge is packed full of restaurants ideal for those on a student budget or for a more celebratory night out. Similarly there is a lively nightlife with a great selection of pubs to cater for the student population and the tourist trade.
Beautiful countryside, London close by
Travel any direction out of the city and you are in to the wonderful East Anglian countryside. It’s definitely worth taking a walk alongside the River Cam to picture postcard village of Grantchester with its pretty thatched cottages. Also in the area is the Duxford Imperial War Museum, Europe’s biggest aviation museum.
Cambridge is also just a short train, coach or car journey from London (about an hour) which makes it a great base for day trips to the capital.
Travelling to and Getting Around Cambridge
Cambridge is conveniently close to excellent transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Airports. Cambridge is just 30 miles from London Stansted Airport, making it accessible to travellers from all across the UK, Europe and beyond.
- Trains. The UK rail network runs regular trains between London and Cambridge with a journey from Cambridge to London Kings Cross taking approximately 1 hour.
- Cars. The Cambridge area is very accessible by car with the motorway and dual carriageway network close by. Parking in the city of Cambridge is limited however so you should check with your homestay host about the best places to park.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operate coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Cambridgeshire which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attractions of note.
Homestays in Cambridge
All of our programmes are built around family homestays, which is where the student stays with their tutor or a host family during their stay. This gives the student a comfortable, friendly, home away from home for their stay. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
1-2-1 tuition in Cambridge
From improving conversational skills to preparing for Exams our Cambridge homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Hot House Intensive English
Find out more about our homestay tuition.
School Group Short stays in Cambridge
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in England without English lessons then our host families in Cambridge offer the perfect choice of accommodation. Staying in their home student will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts local knowledge to discover the real England.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.