Our Eastbourne English Language Centre offers popular homestay and English Language Course programmes in Eastbourne, East Sussex on England’s South Coast.
One of Britain’s sunniest towns, the traditional seaside resort of Eastbourne is the perfect place to study and learn English – offering a peaceful and relaxing backdrop to studies while providing so much fun and excitement once lessons are over for the day.
Eastbourne English Language Homestays
Please click here if you are looking for adult English language courses in Eastbourne»
Seaside, Coastline, Countryside, Busy Town
With award winning beaches, Beachy Head Cliffs, the South Downs National Park, a busy town centre and good rail links to London, Eastbourne is perfect for a Short Stay or as a base for longer study break in the UK.
Located on the South Coast of England, Eastbourne is a safe and popular holiday location in the UK not least because of its climate that year-on-year tops national sunshine leagues. Annually, the town attracts some major events including Airbourne (the world’s largest free seafront airshow), Eastbourne Extreme (one of the UK’s largest extreme sports shows) and the AEGON International Tennis Tournament.
A pleasant English seaside town with a historic pier and shingle beach, Eastbourne is a thriving town with everything from museums and art galleries to parks, gardens and a busy shopping centre
Beyond the town is the newly created South Downs National Park, stretching for 90 miles along the coast from Eastbourne. Perfect for walkers, cycling or just a pleasant afternoon stroll. The national beauty spot of Beachy Head, the UK’s highest sea cliff, is also close by and the Countryside Centre is well worth a visit.
The Seven Sisters Country Park is also perfect for forest walks and stopping at country village pubs, as long as you are old enough!
Eastbourne is also just a short train, coach or car journey from London (about an hour) which makes it a great base for day trips to the capital.
Travelling to and Getting Around Eastbourne
Eastbourne is conveniently close to excellent transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Airports. Eastbourne is just a 59-minute direct train journey to London Gatwick Airport, making it accessible to travellers from all across the UK, Europe and beyond.
- Ferries/Channel Tunnel. Eastbourne is close to the major ferry crossing routes and Channel Tunnel at Dover/Folkestone.
- Trains. The UK rail network runs regular trains between London and Eastbourne with a journey from the town to London Victoria taking 90 minutes.
- Cars. Eastbourne is very accessible by car, with the motorway and dual carriageway network covering much of the journey.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operates coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Sussex which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attractions of note.
Homestays in Eastbourne
All of our programmes are built around family homestays, which is where the student stays with their tutor or a host family during their stay. This gives the student a comfortable, friendly, “home away from home” for their stay. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
Summer School in Eastbourne
Our Summer School enables students to enjoy a 2-3 weeks summer holiday stay in Eastbourne enjoying activities, excursions and some fun English lessons with students from across Europe and beyond. Find out more about our Summer School.
1-2-1 tuition in Eastbourne
From improving conversational skills to preparing for exams, our Eastbourne homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Hot House Intensive English
Find out more about our homestay tuition.
School Group Short stays in Eastbourne
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in England without English lessons then our host families in the Eastbourne area offer the perfect choice of accommodation. Staying in their families’ homes, students will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts’ local knowledge to discover the real England.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.
Short Stays with lessons in Eastbourne
Short Stays with lessons are very popular and can be booked at our Eastbourne Centre. Typically the lessons are available 3 to 4 mornings a week and focus on conversation and confidence building.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.