Hastings Language Centre
Hastings claim to fame is its connection to the Norman conquest of England and the famous battle in 1066. However, today Hastings is a fishing port with the largest beach-based fishing fleet in England and a traditional seaside resort, which is perfect for a peaceful and relaxing backdrop to studies.
Our students learn much more than physical skills through their participation in athletics. The collaborative experience of pursuing and attaining a common goal in athletics is unique, as it is combined with interscholastic competition. We are proud of our winning tradition.
Hastings English language Centre
Our Hastings English Language Centre offers our popular Homestay Tuition and Group Short Stays programmes. Hastings is simply a perfect location for your visit to the UK.
Please click here if you are looking for adult English language courses in Hastings»
Seaside, Coastline, Countryside, Busy Town
The south coast of England is a popular holiday destination because of its warm summer weather and sunshine.
Hastings itself is a pleasant English seaside town and fishing port with everything from museums to a busy shopping centre.
Home to the largest beach-based fishing fleet in Europe, Hastings old town is situated to the east of the pier where you will find 15th century timbered houses, 13th century St Clement’s Church and narrow streets & passageways known as Twittens. The Shipwreck and Fishermen’s Museums recall the stories of this long and fascinating history and check out the tall Net Shops of the fish market.
Next to the old town you will find a bustling contemporary shopping centre and to the west of that you will find the popular St Leonard’s.
Beyond Hastings there is plenty of 1066 country to explore including Battle and Rye. The resort of Eastbourne is close by which also leads to the newly created South Downs National Park – stretching for 90 miles along the coast it’s perfect for walkers, cycling or just a pleasant afternoon stroll.
The national beauty spot of Beachy Head, the UK’s highest sea cliff, is also close by and the Countryside Centre is well worth a visit.
Travelling to and Getting Around Hastings
Hastings is close to excellent transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Airports. Hastings is a 90 minute direct train journey to London Gatwick Airport, making it accessible to travellers from all across the UK, Europe and beyond.
- Trains. The UK rail network runs regular trains between London and Hastings with a journey from Eastbourne to London Victoria taking 105 minute.
- Cars. Hastings is accessible by car with the motorway and dual carriageway network covering much of the journey.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operate coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Sussex which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attractions of note.
- Ferries/Channel Tunnel. Hastings is close to the major ferry crossing routes and Channel Tunnel at Dover/Folkestone.
Homestays in Hastings
All of our programmes are built around family homestays, which is where the student stays with their tutor or a host family during their stay. This gives the student a comfortable, friendly, home away from home for their stay. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
School Group Short stays in Hastings
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in England without English lessons then our host families in Hastings offer the perfect choice of accommodation. Staying in their home student will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts local knowledge to discover the real England.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.
1-2-1 tuition in Hastings
From improving conversational skills to preparing for Exams our Hastings homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Hot House Intensive English
Find out more about our homestay tuition.