Our Northampton English Language Centre offers popular homestay and English Language Course programmes in Northamptonshire.
Northamptonshire is a perfect base to explore England’s history and traditions with popular destinations such as Warwick , Stratford-upon-Avon and the Potteries all close by.
Northampton English Language Homestays
Please click here if you are looking for adult English language courses in Northampton»
Historic buildings, Nene Valley Way and an excellent base at the heart of England to explore
Northampton is situated on the River Nene and is a modern town with a long history traced through the Middle Ages when it was one of central England’s most important towns.
You can explore some of this history through the cobbled Market Square and the Northampton Museum and Art Gallery that celebrates the town’s industrial past and its long connection with the shoe trade.
Northamptonshire is a diverse county with lots of stately homes and historic churches set among the rolling countryside and farmland. The most notable tourist attraction is Althorp, the family home of the Spencers and the burial place of Diana, Princess of Wales. Also worthy of a visit is the delightful country town of Oundle and wonderful hamlet of Fotheringhay.
The Nene Valley Way is perfect for walkers, offering a seventy mile pathway across the county.
Northamptonshire is at the heart of England, which makes it an ideal base to explore. Adjoining 8 counties including Warwickshire (Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick), Leicestershire, Rutland, Cambridgeshire (Cambridge), Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire (Oxford) and Lincolnshire.
Travelling to and Getting Around Northampton
Northampton is conveniently close to excellent transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Airports. East Midlands Airport, Birmingham Airport and Luton Airport are close by and fly to destinations across Europe.
- Trains. The UK rail network runs regular trains from Northampton to London and Birmingham.
- Cars. Northampton is conveniently close to junctions 15/16 off the M1 motorway which provides excellent access to the north and south of England.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operate coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Northampton and the surrounding area which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attractions of note.
Homestays in Northampton
All of our programmes are built around family homestays, which is where the student stays with their tutor or a host family during their stay. This gives the student a comfortable, friendly, home away from home for their stay. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
1-2-1 tuition in Northampton
From improving conversational skills to preparing for Exams our Northampton homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Hot House Intensive English
Find out more about our homestay tuition.
School Group Short stays in Northampton
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in Northampton without English lessons then our host families in Northampton offer the perfect choice of accommodation. Staying in their home, students will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts’ local knowledge to discover the real flavour of this region of England.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.