Rochester Language Centre
Kent in the south east of England is often referred to as the garden of England, a wonderful mixture of rolling green countryside, pretty villages, historic buildings and easy access to London and the English coast.
Our students learn much more than physical skills through their participation in athletics. The collaborative experience of pursuing and attaining a common goal in athletics is unique, as it is combined with interscholastic competition. We are proud of our winning tradition.
English Language Homestays in Rochester
Our Rochester English Language Centre offers our popular Homestay Tuition and Group Short Stays programmes. Rochester is simply a perfect location for your visit to the UK.
Please click here if you are looking for adult English language courses in Rochester»
Great place to study, relax and explore Kent and London
Our Kent English language school is situated at Rochester on the North Kent coast.
Rochester is a town with a long history dating back to the Romans who first established a fortress on the site of the present castle. The castle that exists today is one of the best-preserved examples of a Norman fortress in England. The 900 year old cathedral which sits adjacent to the castle also contains Norman touches but has been much modernised during its history.
Rochester is also notable for being where Charles Dickens spent his youth with many of the buildings featuring in his novels.
A pleasant coastal town in which to study, Rochester is also a great base to explore Kent. Popular Kent seaside destinations close to our Rochester base include Broadstairs, Ramsgate and Whitstable.
Popular places to visit near by include Canterbury, with over 2,000 years of history, the remarkably well preserved Leeds Castle and Royal Tunbridge Wells.
Rochester is also a perfect base to explore the city of London with all its diverse culture and attractions.
Travelling to and Getting Around Rochester and Kent
Rochester is conveniently close to excellent transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Airports. Gatwick, Stansted and Southend-on-Sea airport are close by and fly to destinations across Europe.
- Trains. The UK rail network runs regular trains from Rochester to London.
- Cars. Rochester is conveniently close to the M2 motorway which provides excellent access to London and onwards to the north and south of England.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operate coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Kent and the surrounding area which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attractions of note.
- Ferries/Channel Tunnel. Rochester is close to the major ferry crossing routes and Channel Tunnel at Dover/Folkestone.
Homestays in Rochester
All of our programmes are built around family homestays, which is where the student stays with their tutor or a host family during their stay. This gives the student a comfortable, friendly, home away from home for their stay. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
School Group Short stays in Rochester
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in England without English lessons then our host families in Rochester offer the perfect choice of accommodation. Staying in their home student will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts local knowledge to discover the real England.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.
1-2-1 tuition in Rochester
From improving conversational skills to preparing for Exams our Rochester homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Hot House Intensive English
Find out more about our homestay tuition.