Our Kent English Language Centre offers popular homestay and English Language Course programmes in Sheerness, Sittingbourne and the Isle of Sheppey.
Our locations in Kent, south east England are situated close to the coast and within easy reach of London. Kent is considered the garden of England and so you will find a wonderful mixture of rolling green countryside, pretty villages and historic buildings.
English language homestays in Sheerness, Sittingbourne and Isle of Sheppey
Our Kent English Language Centre offers our popular Homestay Tuition and Group Short Stays programmes. Sheerness, Sittingbourne and the Isle of Sheppey are simply perfect locations for your visit to the UK.
Please click here if you are looking for adult English language courses in Kent»
Great place to study, relax and explore Kent and London
Sheerness and Sittingbourne are within 5 minutes of each other and are vibrant and historical towns in the Isle of Sheppey. Sport centres, swimming pools indoors and outside, golf and horse riding centers are located near to both centres.
As both centres are located just one hour from London our capital city, most groups take the opportunity to visit the capitals attractions including destinations such as Buckingham Palace, Covent Garden, Hyde Park, The London Eye, The Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, and of course the shops with Harrods and Bond Street high on their agenda.
Local attractions include Rochester which has a Norman Castle and a 900 year old cathedral. Rochester is steeped in history, including being the past residence of the famous author Charles Dickens. There are many festivals in the town including the world famous Dickens festival with parades through the high street.
Other local historical places to visit include Canterbury (with its cathedral and 2000 years of history), well preserved Leeds Castle, Dover Castle, Walmer Castle, to name just a few within 45 minutes of Sheerness.
Other seaside destinations in Kent include Broadstairs, Ramsgate and Whitstable.
Travelling to and Getting Around Sheerness, Sittingbourne and Isle of Sheppey
Sheerness, Sittingbourne and the Isle of Sheppey are conveniently close to excellent transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Ferries/Channel Tunnel. The major ferry crossing routes and Channel Tunnel at Dover/Folkestone are within easy reach.
- Airports. City Airport, Stansted and Southend-on-Sea airport are close by and fly to destinations across Europe. Gatwick and Heathrow are further away but can be reached by coach, train or car.
- Trains. The UK rail network runs regular trains from Sittingbourne and Sheerness to London.
- Cars. Both locations are close to the motorway which provides excellent access to London and onwards to the north and south of England.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operate coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Kent and the surrounding area which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attractions of note.
Homestays in Kent
All of our programmes are built around family homestays, which is where the student stays with their tutor or a host family during their stay. This gives the student a comfortable, friendly, home away from home for their stay. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
1-2-1 tuition in Kent
From improving conversational skills to preparing for Exams our Kent homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Hot House Intensive English
Find out more about our homestay tuition.
School Group Short stays in Kent
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in England without English lessons then our host families in Kent offer the perfect choice of accommodation. Staying in their home student will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts local knowledge to discover the real England.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.