St.Austell Language Centre
St Austell is an excellent place to study and learn English – offering a peaceful and relaxing backdrop to studies while providing so much fun and excitement once the lessons are over for the day.
Our students learn much more than physical skills through their participation in athletics. The collaborative experience of pursuing and attaining a common goal in athletics is unique, as it is combined with interscholastic competition. We are proud of our winning tradition.
St Austell English Language Homestays
Our St Austell English Language Centre offers our popular Homestay Tuition and Group Short Stays programmes. Cornwall is simply a perfect location for your visit to the UK.
Historic St Austell
Ideally situated on the south coast of Cornwall, close to all road, sea and airports, the wonderfully interesting and old town of St Austell dates back to 1189. This is when it became a market town in its own right.
It was initially an agricultural centre, but became an industrial one when tin, copper and china clay was discovered on the hills around St Austell. Kaolin comes from here.
It was well known for its many historical houses still to be seen today. It has since been re-developed into the Aylmer Square area which will ensure St Austell retains its place as an economic centre for locals and visitors into the future.
Locally you can visit the world famous Eden Centre, St Austell Brewery, the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Mevagissey Museum. A little further afield there is Falmouth with its beautiful deep harbour, Penzance, St Michaels Mount and of course Lands End.
If you head north, then popular areas are Newquay, Bodmin Moor and Boscastle.
Travelling to and Getting Around Cornwall
Although at the far south west tip of the Britain, St Austell still has good transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Airports. The region has a number of airports that has International and UK routes including Exeter Airport, Newquay Airport and Bodmin Airport.
- Trains. The UK rail network runs regular trains between London and Cornwall with a journey to Falmouth taking approximately 5 hours.
- Cars. Cornwall is very accessible by car with the motorway and dual carriageway network covering much of the journey. However it is worth noting that as you travel through Devon and Cornwall you will be travelling on smaller, slower roads and this will increase your journey time.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operate coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Cornwall which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attraction of note.
Homestays in St Austell, Cornwall
All of our programmes are built around family homestays, which is where the student stays with their tutor or a host family during their stay. This gives the student a comfortable, friendly, home away from home for their stay. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
Our host families are based in the popular coastal areas of St Austell on the southern edge of Cornwall. This is a very pretty area of Cornwall and is a great base to explore both of the Cornish coasts and the many attractions the region has to offer.
School Group Short stays in St Austell
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in England without English lessons then our host families in Cornwall offer the perfect choice of accommodation. Staying in their home student will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts local knowledge to discover the real England.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.
1-2-1 tuition in St Austell
From improving conversational skills to preparing for Exams our Cornwall homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Hot House Intensive English
Find out more about our homestay tuition.