Teach English as a
Next Course will run in the Winter
Please contact us to discuss course availability and dates
The cost of this 2-day course is £239.00 plus unlimited classroom training
Once you’ve called us and agreed availability, please click on any picture below to go through to our Booking page »
Earn regular UK income or work abroad
After successful completion of our TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) course at our Brighton language centre, you will have gained the skills and confidence to be able to tutor foreign students in your own home with English Language Homestays.
By joining our Homestay Tutor Programme you will be able to earn good regular income, as well as enjoying a fun and rewarding experience. Or we can help you find a tutor job abroad.
How does it work?
Course Comprises of
- 16 hours of classroom based lessons
- 4 hours of authentic teaching practice, inclusive of feed back and written assessment
- Assessed assignment based online training, designed for you to work at your own pace with 6 months to complete the course.
- As much classroom observation and co-teaching as you need before you ” Go Solo!”
Classroom course content
- An introduction to TEFL: further development, career opportunities and resources.
- The learner. Learning styles, motivation and levels.
- Foreign language lesson; an invaluable insight into the challenges facing your learners
- The balanced approach to language teaching
- Lesson planning
- Language systems and introducing new language
- Teaching techniques and classroom activities
- Productive skills; writing and speaking
- Presenting vocabulary and essential grammar
- Phonology and phonetics: stress, intonation, rhythm, pronunciation
- Reading and listening
- Classroom management
- Recommendation of Teaching Resources
Online Course content
- The distance learning component will give you a wider perspective on the evolution of the English language
- Develop teaching methodologies.
- Reinforcement and points of reference from classroom based learning
- Exercises, resources and self evaluation tasks
- Five assessed assignments
- Optional assignments for assessment
Final assessment is based on assignments and observed teaching practice. With both written assignments and observed teaching practice counting towards your mark.
Our EFl Course offers Modules that others don’t
- We offer UNLIMITED Classroom teaching and Monitoring until you feel confident enough to teach on your own.
- We have an on site DOS ( director of studies) available to talk you through any worries either on the phone; face to face or e mail
- We have proper marked and assessed Assignments which are sent to you and returned with appropriate feedback and suggestions
- Our courses run with a maximum of 8 students, so you wont be one of many in a large hall going unnoticed
- We put you in touch with Schools abroad who we have links with which can help you find a job out of the UK or we offer you the chance to teach with us, subject to availability
- And if you felt you didn’t understand enough on the course then you can come along again on the next one FOR FREE
- No time limit, work on your own pace!
What others say about this course:
Excellent – really made me think how difficult it is to communicate in a foreign language and how self-conscious you can feel. Anqelique demonstrated that gestures, word links, props etc can reinforce language and enable basic communication…
Lesley kept the momentum going well and was friendly and informative. She offered constructive praise and identified areas for improvement with lesson presentation…
Very warm and engaging style. Very useful sessions regarding lesson planning and the hand-out was particularly well devised…
I found the business language session useful as I have worked in corporate environments. It also made me think about an area of work that I had not previously considered…
A great course that I found inspiring and motivational and the teachers imparted a “can do” approach which was really encouraging. There was good advice about online resources, recommended text books etc. Thank for offering me the opportunity – really welcome and worthwhile!
You can book a place on the next TEFL course online: book TEFL course»
Or contact us to find out more.